She`


Image by FlamingText.com

Monday, February 28, 2011

FABFAD

Lately, my studies have been affected.
My mood have been affected.
My relationship have in turned, been affected.
Alongside with several other issues, my world's upside down.
And no one person can truly understand the pain that I am going through now.


Now that things have reached this state, there is no point in me trying to protect any of our interests anymore. Because I am so tired. So tired of all these shits I just want to leave these all behind and move on to things I ought to do and focus on right now instead.
As many of you know, I have been modelling for Fabfad for awhile now and I'm here to say that Fabfad and myself will no longer and will never be affiliated in any other way from now on.


Issues started surfacing early this year when I found out that I have been way underpaid compared to the industry's market rate. I naively believed them right from Day 1 and accepted my initial pay of $12/hr.
Early this year, I found out that the minimum ought to be $30/hr and just couple of days ago, I understood from my cousin who used to have his own studio that for non-professional models, minimum's at $40/hr and professional models can be $80-$300/hr. If payment's on per session basis, I ought to get $120-$150.


Indefinitely, I raised my concerns. & thereafter, they revised a rate of $40/hr.
Here's where the dispute is. I have made a mistake in naively believing them and I deleted their sms a week before I went for the outdoor shoot just last Monday. Shoot started at 3 and ended at 6. But the photographer mentioned we did a 2.5hr shoot. Alright, I didn't want to argue over a 30mins thingy. The highlight was, I was then paid $40 in total. When I briefly questioned, the owner answered me that she thought she had made it clear to me that she would pay me $40/session? I was loss for words and as much as I wanted to argue, I swallowed back.
Reason being, I remembered showing Jiayuan and Yiye her sms during class one morning.
I had no intention of jumping into any conclusion, daddy always taught me to always look back at yourself before criticising people. So I wanted to get home and check with them what they read. Did I really read wrongly or did all of us read wrongly which is definitely fishy.
Both could not remember the exact content that they read but they were very sure that they did not read anything about $40/session. I even showed boyfriend but I didn't bring him into the picture as "own people" would definitely stand up for you.


When I decided that Fabfad was clearly twisting their words and dishonest, my one and only decision was to quit as I didn't see a single bit of integrity at all. Lying obliviously with their eyes wide open.

Did I mention at the outdoor shoot, I travelled all the way to Woodlands, just to earn $40. On top of that, I carelessly got myself a $30 summon and thus earning $10 for that shoot? Which probably wasn't even enough to cover for my petrol.
But I was willing to forgo all of these and just walk away. I didn't want to pursue the matter. My mentality was, if you want to eat me, alright. I'll just take it as a lesson learnt. I was going to let the matter rest without even confronting them.


What turned things ugly was, she wasn't pecked by a single bit of guilt. On top of that, she said I accused her. She then forwarded me the sms that she sent me the other time. But instead of $40/hr, it was $40/session. So I asked if that was the original copy that she sent me. If it was, I would go look for her. Recipient, date, time and message content would all be there. Evidence speaks more than merely words against words. But she said that was the exact msg she sent me after she sent to her girlfriend for proof-read. Cmon, you don't have the original message anymore, what proves that the message wasn't altered?


I am 99.999% sure that what I received was $40/hr.
I have my recollections but there's no point in me saying here as I do not have any evidence as well.
I called Starhub to ask if I could have my past sms contents. But they said no, as expected. The investigations department would only retrieve it for you if there is legal pursuit or, any criminal cases needed by the police for investigations.
But I later on found out that there are certain computer shops and hp shops that are able to retrieve deleted sms-es.
I told her, that since she wants to say I accused her, and my conscience is clear, I will find ways and means to get my sms retrieved.
IF it was overlook on my part, I would give her all due respects she deserve and apologise to her right infront of her and everyone else.
But what if I was right all these while? ........


Hence, I have been so caught up trying to find my saviour.
I know the time and cost would probably not be worth all of these pay shit at the end of the day but that wasn't my point anymore.
It wasn't a matter of money but principles now.
I was determined to clear my name and lay the truths all out right infront of us so we don't have to go round with all these arguments.
How can I possibly swallow all of these when I'm the one being cheated her and yet I didn't want to pursue the matter and you have the cheek to say I accused you?!


At the end of the day right now, my efforts have been futile.
And I give up.
They must be laughing their heads off at my plight.
They must see me as a fool now.


Everything aside.
An outdoor shoot for 3hrs. $40. Spread this to people in this industry. This must be a joke right?
Whether I find evidence against them or not, I am not at the losing end.
$40 for a 3hrs outdoor shoot?
Anyone will tell you that's pure exploitation and cheats.
如果头没有这么大,就不要带这么大的帽子。


Whoever is their next model, well I wish her luck and wisdom to not be as naive as I was.
With such lowly underhand dirty tricks, I'm sure they wouldn't go far.
If I can't deal with them, I'll let heaven do it. I'm a strong believer of Karma.
人在做,天在看。



I do not deny that I'm feeling very lousy at this point.
Suddenly, I ask myself why did I fight so hard to only find myself back at 原点?
I didn't even want this in the first place. But I found it really hard to swallow down the words that she feels accused.
It wasn't even easy for me to make these decisions.
I have sacrificed days of peaceful sleep, I sacrificed my concentration and focus to study. All for principle, and to "tao hui yi ge gong dao".


On top of all of these difficult decisions I had made, I don't even have the support of my boyfriend.
Some say I should not let them off so easily.
Some say I should just let it go, they will get their deserts.
He, unfortunately, belongs to the latter.

I do not ride on a high horse, but I do have pride to some extent to uphold my integrity and conscience. There is no way I can let it go when that was my exact intention but they turn back and say they feel accused.
Sad but true, he doesn't understand the unjustice and pain in me enough.


Without my pillar of support, that's half my battle lost.
And this pain, will never be comparable to the pain I learnt in this lesson.


I'm done here.

And if you would excuse me, I would like to be left alone for awhile.



Rin

No comments: